The Role of Interior Designers in Lobby Renovation in Singapore
Hiring a good commercial interior designer can make all the difference in your business, especially when your company is based in a country with a booming economy like Singapore. With so many rivals in the business, it is necessary to win over a client as soon as he/she steps into your building. So, how do you do that? Make sure that you have a well-designed lobby.
The Importance of Hiring an Interior Designer in Singapore for Your Office Lobby
Gone are the days where lobbies are taken for granted. Nowadays, the lobby is given paramount consideration both by businessmen and interior designers, not only in Singapore but all over the world.
Here is why you should let a designer do up your lobby renovation:
- It makes the first impression. The lobby is not just a waiting area; it is the first point of contact between the client and your company. As such, it must look both professional and accommodating. An interior designer specializing in designing commercial spaces in Singapore can help create a comfortable waiting space for clients and visitors alike.
- It sets your company apart. A well-designed lobby amounts to a tasteful advertisement. Commercial interior designers in Singapore thus focus on helping companies differentiate themselves from their competitors through a carefully crafted interior that reflects the company’s goals.
Lobby Design Guidelines
Interior designers in Singapore follow certain guidelines to ensure that the waiting area is not only appealing but also functional. These guidelines are as follows:
- Hire an interior designer specializing in commercial design in Singapore. Since you are catering to a very specific clientele, it is mandatory that you employ an interior designer who understands not only the design trends in Singapore, but also the preferences of potential clients. Remember that residential design is very different from its commercial counterpart, so choose a professional who has an extensive experience in designing company interiors.
- Plan the space layout carefully. There are two things that every lobby needs: a reception desk and a seating area. The reception desk should be strategically positioned so that it is easily visible to arriving visitors. For the seating area, it should be able to accommodate the projected number of clients. While you can do the lobby renovation by yourself, it is important to have an interior designer review your design, especially since the space limitations in Singapore can pose a serious challenge.
- Give importance to function and accessibility. The lobby must not only be beautiful, it must also cater to the needs of the people who will be occupying it. There must be proper lighting and ventilation, and seats should be comfortable. The lobby must also be designed to accommodate people with disabilities. This can be done by setting up ramps and open waiting areas for wheelchairs.
The lobby might not be where business transactions actually take place, but that doesn’t mean it should be neglected. Hiring a commercial interior designer to revamp or renovate your lobby is an important investment, especially in countries like Singapore where competition is stiff. After all, the design of your building lobby creates the first impression of the company.